Celebrate winter with
The 13th Annual Winter Assembly will get you excited about winter! Join us for an activity-packed day with something for everyone. All events take place at Algonquin Outfitters in Oxtongue Lake, February 17, 2007. Rental and demo equipment is available at no charge if participating in the events and lessons. Please sign out equipment in the store before the lesson starts. Call 1-800-469-4948 (705-635-2243) for more information.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Ongoing Events: 10am—4pm
• Equipment demonstrations: test-drive high-tech snowshoes & cross-country skis - thanks to Tubbs Snowshoes, Atlas Snowshoes, Madshus Skis, Salomon Skis
• Winter campfire: warm up around the campfire!
• Cross Country Tips: meet Glenn Buckmaster at the ski oval for informal lessons. See specific lessons at 11, 1 and 2:30 pm. Please sign out rental equipment inside (no charge if you are taking a lesson). Please get ski equipment before the lesson starts.
• Ice climbing: join Summit College staff & students and learn about this popular winter sport. Ongoing activity - follow the signs on the lake and trail to the climbing site.
• Quinzee Building: take snowfort-building to the next level. By the lake (conditions permitting).
• Winter Campsite:Summit College staff and students will be setting up a winter campsite - drop by and chat about winter camping!. By the lake (conditions permitting).
• Winter Disc Golf: if you can toss a Frisbee®, you can play Disc Golf - try it out on the lake!
• Don’t forget to sign up for door prizes inside! Door prize draws at 12:15, 4:30 - you must be present to win!
• 10 am til 12:30: Dogsledding - with Winterdance Dogsled Tours. Meet and pay at the dog truck - follow the sound of barking!
• 10 am til finished, Quinzee building: join Summit College students and build a traditional snow house.By paddle hut.
• 11–12, Cross-country ski lesson - novice classic: instructor: Glenn Buckmaster. Get skis inside ahead of time, meet at ski oval.
BBQ lunch: 12-2 - Opens at noon. Buy food tickets inside please! Thanks to Chef Chuck!
• 12:15, Door prize draw: At the front counter - you must be there to win!
• 1-2, Waxing 101 for cross-country skiers: instructor, Glenn Buckmaster. Upstairs in the store. Waxing is easy - learn the basics!
• 2-3, Snowshoe 101: Meet at demo area on the lake. Learn about and try new-fangled snowshoes! Short hike included.
• 2:30 - 3:30, Cross-country ski tour: instructor: Glenn Buckmaster. Meet on the oval. A roving lesson on the groomed Blue Spruce trails.
• 3:45, Fun snowshoe race: Just one lap around the oval! Prizes for adults and kids! Meet at the snowshoe demo area.
• 4:30, Door prize draw, snowshoe race prizes: at the front counter - you must be there to win!
Special Sunday event: 9:30am - 12pm, Sunday, Feb. 18
• 13th Annual Snowshoe trek to Ragged Falls: trek leader, Gordon Baker. An adventurous annual tradition! Free snowshoes for use by participants, or bring your own. Meet at the AO store front counter by 9:30. Car pooling required. Dogs that play well with others are welcome if well-behaved and on a leash.